¬†We started our day off at the Ward BBQ. It’s been going for who knows how many years + the bishopric always comes back to cook for everyone. We love our ward so much! Can’t bring ourselves to start saying goodbyes yet.
We’ve had our pop up trailer for a month or so now? Maybe a bit longer, but HELLO, best investment so far as parents! HANDS DOWN. ¬†Fresh air, warm beds, Jonah’s campfire stories + PB&Js sure¬†making me smile tonight.
All the camp sites we were planning on staying in for Fathers Day were full by Friday afternoon, so we faced a bit of an adventure head on + stumbled upon a gold mine while we were at it. WHO KNEW THIS BEAUTY EXISTED IN OUR BACKYARD?¬†Utah, you pretty! Real, real prettttty.
5 quick memories¬†before I gush over how obsessed we are with Jon for Fathers Day:
1. Squashing all 4 of us onto one motorcycle | 2 for 2 riders falling asleep
2. Conversations about each of the kids on said motorcycle ride
3. Meditating in the most serene place. My heart was overflowing. Still is.
4. Jack listening to his voice all the way up the canyon, all the way back. His mind will be BLOWN when we take him on a rumble strip in the mini.
5. Whittier’s¬†joining us for lunch + motorcycles!
¬† Our gold tea pot + his little romper.¬†
5 quick¬†sours¬†to remind you exactly how normal our life is:
1. I forgot the bag with the cheese + marshmallows. “ohhh you guys love egg only omelets, remember? …wait, can they even be called omelets¬†with just one ingredient…..?¬†
2. the egg carton¬†disintegrated in the cooler of melted ice
3. cold sore from H E DOUBLE
4. jack biffed it off the chair after his watermelon was gone. #bloodynose
5. camp fire laundry
Wanted to throw on a few phone snaps because this place is too GREAT¬†to forget!
I think I’ll save the ranting as to why Jon is the best dad in all the land — for his Fathers Day¬†card. But it feels good to be ahead of the game on a post for once! Huzzah!¬†Happy Fathers Day weekend! xx
I had to let go of “the rules” for how much time is too much when it comes to the internet.
Jon has found plenty of studies supporting how screentime makes kids smarter + I’ve found just as many that support the exact opposite. You’ll always find what you’re looking for online! That’s A FACT. ūüôā But we’ve sat down as a couple + found what we feel is best for our family. I hope that you’re able to find a balance that is tweaked juuust right for your family as well.
There have been several¬†distinct times in motherhood career
where I have felt my Grandma Webb’s¬†presence in my life.
Painting Easter Eggs and eating Easter treats with the boys was one of them!
Last week the temps hit 50 degrees. Naturally, I boxed up the snow gear + put it back into the giant tub in the attic. Then came the weekend.¬†RAIN, RAIN, RAIN, + SNOW. Woof.
Pride in my hands, I unfolded the ladder for the attic +¬†got them all back out. FOR.THE.LOVE. I’ve lived in UTAH my whole life, how do I forget this glimmer of warm weather teases us every year? That groundhog ain’t playing around.
Valentine’s Day this year was pretty memorable. I’ve learned that the more I invest in this little family of mine, the happier I am with life. Motherhood without regrets. Wife life # 1. The rest starts to fall away +¬†I ¬†genuinely enjoy the way it feels at the end of the day. It’s more important for me to live a life that feels¬†good on the inside, before it looks good on the outside!